Who are some of the people I’ve helped?
First time home buyers | Relocating to/from Central Oregon to be closer to family | Investors | Families and/or individuals needing a bigger/smaller home | Divorce
And More…
Here are some of their stories
The Growing Family
The Situation
Their family was growing, and the home they loved was starting to feel too small. They knew they wanted more space, but moving meant taking on a higher monthly payment and selling their current home in a market that felt less predictable than the one they had bought into.
Then they found the house they wanted. The problem was their current home was not even ready to go on the market.
The Complication
To make the move work financially, they needed to sell their existing home. But the seller of the new house was not going to wait indefinitely while we prepared, listed, and sold theirs.
That created two connected decisions.
Could we put together an offer strong enough to give them a realistic shot at the new home while still protecting them if their current home did not sell? And if that offer was accepted, how quickly could we get their existing home positioned well enough to attract a buyer without giving away unnecessary equity just because we were working against the clock?
How We Worked Through It
We started by talking through the risk before writing the offer. What would the higher payment look like? How much flexibility did they have? What needed to happen with their current home for the move to remain comfortable? Once they decided they wanted to pursue it, I structured the offer around their need to sell and worked through the negotiation with the other side.
At the same time, we began preparing their home for market. Pricing was especially important. We did not have the luxury of putting it on the market high and seeing what happened. We needed a price that reflected the market, generated early buyer attention, and still protected their financial goals. From there, it became a coordination exercise between the sale, purchase, lender, escrow, inspection, and two separate closing timelines. I stayed involved across both transactions so that when something changed on one side, we could immediately understand what it meant for the other.
The Outcome
Their current home attracted an offer quickly enough to keep the purchase moving forward. From there, we coordinated the two transactions to close on the same day and negotiated a few additional days for them to move out of their old home. They were able to make the move they wanted without having to sell first and hope the right house appeared later.
More importantly, each step was a decision they understood before making it. The goal was never simply to get both homes closed. It was to make sure the move still made sense once we accounted for the timing, financial tradeoffs, and risks involved.
NE Angela Ave, Bend | Represented: Seller
Blackfoot Trail, Bend | Represented: Buyer
Emerald Place, Bend | Represented: Seller
NE Drost Drive, Bend | Represented: Buyer
Knightsbridge Place, Bend | Represented: Seller
Riley Drive, La Pine | Represented: Buyer
NW Crystal Springs, Bend | Represented: Seller
NE Charleston Ct, Bend | Represented: Buyer
Homebuying at it’s Finest
The Situation
They already owned a home in town and didn’t need to move. But over time, they had started thinking about living in a different neighborhood, closer to friends and better aligned with the life they wanted for their family.
There wasn’t a deadline. There also wasn’t a reason to move just for the sake of moving. The right house would have to make the change worthwhile.
The Complication
Because they weren’t under pressure to buy, the challenge was less about overcoming an obstacle and more about being prepared without forcing the decision.
We spent time talking through what they wanted, what the financial side of a move would look like, and what would need to be true for a house to justify leaving the one they already owned. I kept them updated on the market and sent them homes that fit what we had discussed, knowing that most of them wouldn’t be compelling enough to act on.
Then one was.
How We Worked Through It
When the house came on the market, it checked the boxes we had already spent time defining. We arranged a showing that day and quickly determined that it was worth pursuing. Before writing the offer, I spoke with the listing agent to better understand the seller’s situation and what would matter to them beyond price.
We then built the offer around both sides of the transaction. The goal was to give my clients a strong chance of securing the home without offering more or taking on more risk than the situation required.
Their offer was accepted. From there, the transaction itself was relatively straightforward. My job became making sure it stayed that way by keeping the details, deadlines, inspections, financing, and communication moving without creating unnecessary stress.
The Outcome
They didn’t have to spend months aggressively searching or compromise just to make a move happen. We had already done the work of figuring out what they were looking for and what they were comfortable with. So when the right house appeared, they were in a position to recognize it and act quickly.
Sometimes the value isn’t solving a crisis during the transaction. It’s doing enough work beforehand that there doesn’t need to be one.
NE Baroness Place, Bend | Represented: Seller
Clairaway Ave, Bend | Represented: Buyer
SW Peridot Ave, Redmond | Represented: Seller
SW Tippytoe Place, Bend | Represented: Buyer
Copperfield Ave, Bend | Represented: Seller
NW 13th St, Redmond | Represented: Buyer
NW Lolo Drive, Bend | Represented: Seller
Schaeffer Drive, Bend | Represented: Buyer
17 Homes in 2 Days
The Situation
They were preparing to relocate to Central Oregon for a new job, but the move was still contingent on the offer becoming official. They also came into the process cautious. Previous experiences with real estate agents had left them unsure about how much they could rely on the person representing them.
We started before there was anything to buy. I kept them updated on the local market so they could begin learning what homes were selling for, what competition looked like, and what their budget would realistically buy before they ever arrived in Central Oregon.
The Complication
Once the job offer became official, the timeline tightened quickly. They had just two days in town to see homes, and we ended up touring 17 properties during that window. That created a different kind of challenge. When several homes technically meet your criteria, it becomes easy to lose sight of which one actually feels right.
One property consistently stood out. We spent more time there, talked through it differently, and kept coming back to it as we compared the other homes we had seen. There was just one problem. It already had multiple offers.
How We Worked Through It
I contacted the listing agent to better understand the seller’s timing and what was happening with the competing offers. That conversation gave us enough information to ask for additional time and keep my clients in the running while we prepared their offer.
Then another problem surfaced. Their original lender was unable to move forward at the last minute, putting the pre-approval we needed for the offer at risk. We quickly brought in another lender who was able to review their situation and provide the documentation needed without losing the opportunity.
Their offer was ultimately accepted.
From there, most of the transaction had to be handled from a distance. That meant staying especially close to the inspections, financing, escrow, deadlines, and anything happening at the property so they did not have to wonder what was going on hundreds of miles away.
The Outcome
They were able to secure the home they wanted in a competitive market despite a very short search window, multiple competing offers, and a lender change in the middle of the process.
But the more important outcome was trust.
They started the process uncertain about whether their experience with an agent would be any different this time. By the end, they knew they could call, ask a question, get a straight answer, and rely on me to handle what needed to happen locally when they could not be there themselves.
For a relocation, that confidence can matter just as much as finding the right house.
SW Quartz Ave, Redmond | Represented: Seller
NE Apollo Alley, Prineville | Represented: Buyer
NE Mutt Ct, Bend | Represented: Seller
NW Rimrock Drive, Bend | Represented: Buyer
Copperfield Ave, Bend | Represented: Buyer
W Quail Haven, Bend | Represented: Buyer
NW Circle Ave, Prineville | Represented: Seller
NW 77th St, Redmond | Represented: Buyer
Relocating with Ease
The Situation
The homeowner knew a move was coming, but the sale was still months away.
Rather than wait until they were ready to list, we started working through the process early. We talked regularly about market conditions, what buyers were responding to, what improvements were worth making, and how pricing might need to change depending on what the market looked like when the home was finally ready.
By the time we got closer to listing, they already had a much clearer understanding of what to expect.
The Complication
The market was changing. Affordability was becoming more difficult for buyers, and homes were being scrutinized more closely. That meant the strategy we might have used several months earlier was no longer automatically the right one.
We had to make sure the home was positioned for the market we were actually entering, not the one we had originally expected.
How We Worked Through It
Because we had started planning early, we had time to prepare the property deliberately rather than rushing through the process.
We coordinated photography, staging, and the other details needed to present the home well. At the same time, we kept revisiting the market and adjusting our expectations around pricing and buyer behavior. When it came time to list, the goal was not simply to choose the highest possible asking price. It was to position the home where buyers would see the value and where the seller still had a strong opportunity to protect their equity.
Once an offer came in, we worked through the terms and negotiations with the same approach: understand what mattered, separate the important issues from the noise, and make decisions based on the seller’s priorities.
The Outcome
The home sold successfully, allowing the seller to relocate closer to family. There were no major surprises during the transaction, but that was largely the result of the work that happened before the home ever reached the market.
We had spent months preparing for the sale, tracking how conditions were changing, and making decisions before they became urgent. Sometimes the best way to handle a shifting market is to start paying attention long before you need to make a move.